The academy programme and ‘get into golf’ complete beginner taster sessions
Who can join the Academy programme?
The programme is open to both beginners and improving golfers, who want to take golf seriously and would like to become a Club Member. The programme provides both tuition and playing opportunities so you become a player not just a learner.
How does the Academy programme operate?
The programme is initially for a period of two years although, if required, can be extended. Although Academy Members are not full Members of the Club, they may use the Bar, Changing Rooms, Practice Facilities and the course.
What benefits do I enjoy as an Academy Member?
- Six individual lessons with one of our professionals of your choice (40 minutes each)
- Six group lessons with Chris Evans, our head professional (1 hour each)
- Academy Members will be able to use the practice facilities and putting green. Practice balls will be paid for separately at the normal member rates.
- Academy Members may make bookings for our renowned Sunday Lunch, often hailed as the best food in a golf club anywhere!!! They may also join in the Social Programme at the club.
- Each Academy Member will be assigned at least one mentor, whose role will be to play with you regularly, encourage you and guide you through the rules and etiquette of the game.
- Academy Members may play on the course after 11.30 in the winter and 15.00 in the summer, subject to normal tee booking in the pro shop.
What does the Academy programme cost?
£750 for 12 months with no joining fee.
What happens when I complete the Academy programme?
At the end of your initial year your Mentor and the Committee Member responsible for the Academy will meet with you to review your progress and agree the way forward. The Academy Programme runs for two years during which we would hope you would be able to achieve a handicap. For those members who need a little longer, we can be flexible.
You may apply for full membership of the club at any time during the programme once you have produced the required number of cards. You will then go through the Club’s membership process.
If you are interested in joining the Academy or simply would like to talk to someone to discuss the opportunities please contact our Assistant Secretary, Jane Edwards on 01883 712274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org