Who can join the programme?
- The purpose of the Academy is to help those taking up golf for the first time and for returning golfers who wish to improve their ability, join Tandridge Golf Club
- Entry level for full membership for men is a Tandridge Course Handicap (CH) of 28 and for women a CH of 36. Once the required standard is achieved the Academy Member can then progress to the Transitional Membership on route to Full Membership.
How does the Programme operate?
- Golfers on the scheme are called Academy Members. (AMs)
- AMs are not members of the Club, but may use the Bar, Changing Rooms, Practice Facilities and the Course, in accordance with the terms of the programme. AMs may also make bookings for Sunday Lunch, but they cannot sign guests in to play golf.
- AMs can participate in the Tandridge Social Programme, in events which do not include golf. Please note that priority will be given to Full Members if numbers are limited
- The programme is for a period of two years, with a review carried out after the first year.
- AMs will take lessons with a Tandridge Club Professional on the range and practice ground. (See below for academy package). Once a satisfactory playing ability has been reached the Professional will give permission for the AM to play on the course. Once on the course the AM is encouraged to submit scorecards to work towards the required Course Handicap. Progression from Academy Membership will be dependent upon the submission of a minimum of 3 x 18-hole scorecards. Once the minimum requirement is achieved the AM is encouraged to apply for Transitional Membership.Please note that certain standards of Dress Code apply in accordance with the Club Rules which can be found on the Website.
- Please note that certain standards of Dress Code apply in accordance with the Club Rules which can be found on the Website.
What benefits do I enjoy as an Academy Member?
- AMs will be able to use the practice facilities and putting green, but they should note that Full Members always have priority on the practice facilities.
- Initial Professional Lesson Package included with your Academy Membership –
12 x 40 minute individual range lessons with one of the Club Professionals
100 baskets of range balls for the duration of the Academy Membership
Group lessons are offered at the discretion of one of the Club Professionals. These incur a small additional charge, paid direct to the Club Professional.
- The following rules apply to range lessons
- During the Academy membership year, at least 50% of lessons must be taken in the first 6 months. Individual lessons not taken during the Academy membership year may not be rolled over, unless an AM has been admitted as a Full Member. In any case, any lessons not taken must be booked within 3 months of the date of joining as a Full Member.
- Each AM will be assigned a Mentor until the required playing standard has been reached for Full Membership at Tandridge. The Mentor’s role will be to play with you regularly, once course access is given, and to encourage and guide you through the rules and etiquette of the game and to show you how to complete a scorecard.
- Academy events and fun competitions may be held.
What access does an Academy Member have to the course?
- The Club Professional, who is your teacher, will grant course access once he feels you have attained a satisfactory playing ability and will notify the Academy Leaders.
- AMs will then have access to the course after 11.30 am November – March and after 15.00 April – October (golf programme permitting), aligning with Daylight Saving Time Changes. AMs will then be able to access the Club V1 Tee Time Booking System (TTBS) and book tee slots within these times.
- We ask that if unaccompanied by your Mentor or a Full/Associate Member, play is in singles and 2 ball format to help maintain a suitable pace of play.
- AMs cannot play in Club Roll ups, Club Matches, Club Competitions or whilst a Club Competition is in play.
What does the programme cost?
- From 1st April 2023 the cost is £865 for 12 months
- Any food/beverage purchased in the Clubhouse will be charged at normal menu prices.
Transition to Full Membership
- When ready for transition to Tandridge Golf Club Full Membership, having submitted the necessary cards providing you with a Tandridge Course Handicap equal to or better than the required maximum, (CH 28 for men and CH 36 for ladies) the Academy Leaders will recommend to the General Manager and the Membership Committee that you proceed to the Transitional Membership
How do I apply to join?
- For an application form please contact the Office. Tel: 01883-712274 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that that the Academy programme is currently full so any applications will be added to a Register - Wait Time is likely to be 12 months
Updated April 2023