The academy programme and ‘get into golf’ complete beginner taster sessions
Who can join the Academy programme?
The programme is open to both beginners and to those returning to golf. The purpose of the Academy is to help those wishing to take up golf for the first time and returning golfers to improve their playing ability in order to achieve full membership of the club as quickly as possible. The programme provides both tuition and playing opportunities so you become a player not just a learner.
How does the Academy programme operate?
The programme is initially for a period of one year although, if required, can be extended. Although Academy Members are not full Members of the Club, they may use the Bar, Changing Rooms, Practice Facilities and the course.
What benefits do I enjoy as an Academy Member?
- Ten individual range lessons with one of our professionals of your choice (40 minutes each)
- Six group lessons with Chris Evans, our head professional (1 hour each)
- Academy Members will be able to use the practice facilities and putting green. Free use of the driving range during Academy membership.
- Academy Members may make bookings for our renowned Sunday Lunch. They may also join in the Social Programme at the club.
- Each Academy Member will be assigned at least one mentor, whose role will be to play with you regularly, encourage you and guide you through the rules and etiquette of the game.
- Academy Members may play on the course after 11.30 in the winter and 15.00 in the summer, subject to normal tee booking in the pro shop.
What does the Academy programme cost?
£475 for 12 months with no joining fee.
What happens when I complete the Academy programme?
At the end of your initial year or earlier if your progress warrants it, your Mentor and the Committee Member responsible for the Academy will meet with you to review your progress and agree the way forward.
You will be encouraged to apply for full membership of the club at any time during the programme once you have produced the required number of cards. You will then go through the Club’s membership process.
If you are interested in joining the Academy or simply would like to talk to someone to discuss the opportunities please contact our Assistant Secretary, Jane Edwards on 01883 712274 or email email@example.com