Tandridge Golf Club
Tandridge we believe there is no better sport for bringing people together and,
with its winning combination of exercise, sporting skill and social
interaction, golf is the perfect tonic for good health and happiness. Invest in your future and join either our
Academy or new beginner sessions.
THE ACADEMY PROGRAMME and introducing our NEW ‘GET INTO GOLF’ COMPLETE BEGINNERS TASTER SESSIONS
Who can join the Academy programme:
- The programme is open to both beginners and improving golfers, who want to take golf seriously and would like to become a Club Member. The programme provides both tuition and playing opportunities so you become a player not just a learner.
How does the Academy programme operate?
- The programme is initially for a period of one year although, if required, can be extended for a further year depending on your progress.
- The programme runs continuously throughout the year.
- Although Academy Members are not full Members of the Club, they may use the Bar, Changing Rooms, Practice Facilities and the course.
What benefits do I enjoy as an Academy Member?
- 6 individual lessons with one of our professionals of your choice (40 minutes each)
- 6 group lessons with Chris Evans, our head professional (1 hour each)
- Academy Members will be able to use the practice facilities and putting green. Practice balls will be paid for separately at the normal member rates.
- Academy Members may also make bookings for the excellent Sunday Lunch, often hailed as the best food in a golf club anywhere!!! They may also join in the Social Programme at the club.
- Each Academy Member will be assigned at least one mentor, whose role will be to play with you regularly, encourage you and guide you through the rules and etiquette of the game.
- Lady Academy Members will have access to the course on Tuesdays from 11.15 where 6 protected slots are available for all members to play together. Academy Members may also play with their mentor or another lady in the Academy after 11.30 in the winter and 15.00 in the summer, subject to normal tee booking in the pro shop.
- On course playing practice sessions will be held once a month plus some fun golf competitions organised throughout the year.
What does the Academy programme cost?
- £750 for 12 months with no joining fee
What happens when I complete the Academy programme?
- At the end of your initial year your Mentor and the Committee Member responsible for the Academy will meet with you to review your progress and agree the way forward. The Academy Programme runs for 2 years during which we would hope you would be able to achieve a handicap. For those members who need a little longer, we can be flexible.
- You may apply for full membership of the club at any time during the programme once you have produced 3 cards playing to a handicap of 40 or less. You will then go through the Club’s membership process.
In addition to the Academy we are introducing GET INTO GOLF BEGINNER TASTER SESSIONS AS FROM THE BEGINNING OF 2017.
These sessions are low cost beginner courses for women who have never picked up a golf club before.
The sessions are run by Chris Evans, our head professional. They are fun, sociable and held in a relaxed atmosphere. There is no need to invest in golf equipment or clothes. Chris will provide the clubs and your own trainers will be perfect – we only ask that you do not wear jeans.
£90.00 for 6 group lessons with Chris.
You pay for 6 and get 1 free!!
Use of our practice facilities including our practice hole.
Golf is one of the best sports you can play to improve mental and physical wellbeing whatever your age or ability. Indeed, golf’s powerful combination of stress-busting exercise, fresh air and camaraderie make it an excellent activity for promoting long term health. Fantastically, 18 holes of golf burns 900 calories so who can resist!!!!
TO BOOK: Call our dedicated PGA staff who will help and answer any questions you may have. Telephone No.01883 713701